The castle in Lechovice as we know it today was created by reconstructing the former summer residence of the abbey of the Premonstratensians of Louka, which is the second oldest order based in Moravia. The choice of the location of this building was not a question of coincidence; the owners were inspired by a previously standing medieval fortress destroyed in 1481. In 1665, the Premonstratensians gained the ownership of the Lechovice farm and given the growing influence of the Marian cult and legendary healing power of a local well, the then appointed abbot Vincenc Wallmera ordered the construction of a new Pilgrimage church in the vicinity of the stream. Most probably, the church in Lechovice is the work of the Austrian architect Christian Alexander Oedtl and shows features of the Hight Baroque style. This Austrian High Baroque Church even bears some resemblance to the St. Peter´s Church in Vienna – the work of Hildebrant. Along with the church, a summer baroque abbey residence was built in the area. After the Josephine Reforms in 1784 when the religious orders were abolished, all the property was passed onto the religious foundation. In 1824 the representatives of the foundation sold the mansion to a wealthy Viennese burger Josef Lang from Znojmo. After his death, the mansion became the heritage of his daughter Julie, married later to K.F. Kubeck von Kubau. Naturally, the mansion came into possession of a new noble family.
Maxi Kubeck von Kubau is the one to be given credit to for the current form of the mansion. It emerged gradually as classicist reconstructions when there have been additional towers added in the pseudo, neo-Baroque and Art Nouveau style. One can enjoy numerous stunning polychrome fountains, a castle colonnade with a gazebo, French parterre with a balustrade staircase and a beautiful cast iron patio. At the same time, a lovely English landscaped park was created around the premises with lots of exotic woody species. To this day, the park is dominated by an aged summer oak which is believed to be over a thousand years old. After the war, the building was used for variety of purposes for different organizations such as the army, national farming center, schools or as a hospice for elderly nuns. For these reasons, the premises of the mansion have repeatedly been modified and, sadly to say, not always in a positive meaning of the word. It was, however, maintained, heated and partially reconstructed throughout the years and thus also somehow preserved. After 1993, the hospice lost its relevance and after several attempts to find a new purpose, the mansion was repeatedly sold to several new owners.